Sometimes projects don’t go to plan. This is what happened with my Daisy Granny Square blanket:
There are several problems with this blanket:
- Joining as I go has made it messy. I could do with blocking my squares first.
- I don’t like the pink petals. I think the daisies look better white.
- The white squares next to each other don’t work well. The plain square should be yellow.
- Talking of yellow squares…I ran out of yarn so ordered more. However, the dye lot was different, so the yellows are clearly different;
I have learnt some keys lessons from this project:
- Don’t run out of yarn! And dye lots are important!
- Be happy with the plan before starting.
- Blocking is important, as is practising joining squares.
I really like the white daisy, I am definitely hoping to make another one of these blankets. I still think it would look nice with a green edge not white.
This creepy doll is called Cherry and is mine! I had it as a girl. We gave it to Thomas when we were expecting Chloe Bean to practise having a baby around. At least now she is warm!