I am pleased to be able to type this: Chloe’s cardigan is finished! I decided on Monday evening to put down the baby blanket for a couple of nights and to get this cardigan finished.
I had already done one sleeve, so it was just a case of knitting the other sleeve and sewing it all together. I thought it would be the border that would take the longest time, but it was the sleeves! They are quite long and seemed really wide in places. I only managed this much in one evening:
We were watching Harry Potter though…
I finished the sleeve during the day yesterday and spent the evening sewing it up.
I found the sleeves were quite hard to sew in as the side seams were already sewn up for the border – which is what the pattern said to do. I think if I was to make it again I would insert the sleeves before sewing up the sides.
The cardigan fits well, but Chloe doesn’t have much growing room in it – although that might be because she has a top and a thick dress under it. I knitted up size 6-12 months and Chloe is only 3 months. I did compare the size the pattern said to one of her shop bought 3-6 months jumpers, and the shop bought jumpers are bigger. Very strange sizing!
So here Chloe is, wearing her new cardigan:
The pattern is from King Cole Baby Book Two and I used Stylecraft Special DK yarn in Duck Egg.